May is approaching and so is the upcoming 2014 Top 100.
Until then, we’ll wet your appetite with a look at five guys per
position who could be (should be?) on the list. We’ll release a new
position every Thursday up until the Top 100 release on May
1. We continue with the FS/SS…
2014 Positional Sneak Peek
May is approaching and so is the upcoming 2014 Top 100. Until then, we’ll wet your appetite with a look at five guys per position who could be (should be?) on the list. We’ll release a new position every Tuesday and Thursday up until the Top 100 release on May 1. We continue with the FS/SS…
1. Erick Smith, Glenville, 6-0, 178: Another Glenville DB prospect whose offer sheet
includes Ohio State and Alabama.
2. Darius West, Lima Central Catholic, 6-0, 195: Not often a small school player is state’s top prospect at his position, but West can make that argument. His offer sheet is impressive and includes Penn State, West Virginia, Kentucky, Illinois, Cincinnati, Purdue, Louisville, Indiana, , UCF, Minnesota, Vanderbilt, Missouri, Georgia Tech, Pittsburgh and Boston College. Last year west had 49 tackles, five INTs, a KOR for a TD and 24 receptions for 525 yards.
3. JJ Pinckney, Sylvania Southview, 6-4, 180: Coming off a season in which he registered 24 tackles and 32 catches for 450 yards, Pinckney is projected as a defensive player in college. Toledo, Bowling Green, Akron, Western Michigan, Louisville, Ball State, Kent State and Kentucky have offered. Also excels in the long jump.
4. Kaleb Harris, Norwayne, 6-4, 205: Versatile player had 19 catches for eight TDs and 560 yards last year. He also logged 65 tackles, 10 PBUs and an INT. MAC schools have moved in. Expect BCS schools to follow.
5. Marcus Elliott, Whitmer, 6-1, 195: Returning standout on D-I state runner-up has offers from Bowling Green, Akron, Kent State and Ball State.