May is approaching and so is the upcoming 2014 Top 100.
Until then, we’ll wet your appetite with a look at five guys per
position who could be (should be?) on the list. We’ll release a new
position every Tuesday and Thursday up until the Top 100 release on May
1. We start with the QBs…
2014 Positional Sneak Peek
May is approaching and so is the upcoming 2014 Top 100. Until then, we’ll wet your appetite with a look at five guys per position who could be (should be?) on the list. We’ll release a new position every Tuesday and Thursday up until the Top 100 release on May 1. We start with the QBs…
1. DeShone Kizer, Toledo Central Catholic: The No. 1 QB recruit in this class and one of the top prospects nationwide, which his offer list reflects (Alabama, LSU, Arkansas, Nebraska, Michigan State, Penn State, Tennessee, Northwestern, Louisville and others). Coming off a state championship season.
2. Chris Durkin, Youngstown Ursuline, 6-4, 230: Offer list shows what kind of talent this kid has (Toledo, Illinois, Bowling Green, Akron, Northwestern, Indiana, Western Michigan, California and Nevada). You don’t think “passing” when you think of Ursuline, but Durkin is more than capable. Most physically imposing QB in class.
3. Adam Bertke, Marion Local, 6-6, 205: Could be best drop back passer in class (something not uncommon for MAC prospects), but he can also run. Has led Flyers to two straight D-VI titles. Plays in state’s smallest division. Offer list includes Illinois, Toledo and Akron (for now).
4. Chayce Crouch, Newark Catholic, 6-4, 219: Another small school giant. His offer list includes Toledo, Kent State and Western Michigan. Bigger schools will pursue.
5. Antonio Woods, Summit Country Day, 6-1, 180: The wildcard. Certainly a D-I athlete. But a QB? We’ll see. Woods threw for 1,276 yards and 21 TDs last year. He also ran for 876 yards and 10 TDs. His offer list is impressive and includes Big Ten (Northwestern, Indiana, Illinois), Big 12 (West Virginia) and MAC schools.