There’s a long time between now and the state finals in March, but as
the wrestling season in Ohio starts this week, here’s how we see
things. Today we unveil the third annual JJHuddle Wrestling Power
Polls. Who is No. 1 in D-II…
REAL-TIME WRESTLING RESULTS
Every wrestling team/school in Ohio has it’s own report page. Click Here to find yours!
2012 JJHUDDLE WRESTLING POWER POLLS
Here are the preseason rankings for the 2012-2013 wrestling season.
There are several teams who have a lot to replace and have banner crops
of freshmen coming into their program, but for the preseason poll –
sticking with the proven commodities! The top spot in D-I an D-II were
easy, D-III is once again going to be fun to watch take shape.
DIVISION II PRESEASON POLL
1. Graham – The Falcons may be a little down from the past, but Bo and Micah Jordan, Eli Stickley and Eli Seiple all return.
2. Steubenville – Anthony Parrada, Charlie Keenan and Greg Moray give the Big Red a strong core.
3. Walsh Jesuit – Mikey Kostandaras and Mick Rumple return with state podium experience.
4. Lexington – Jacob Kasper and John Lehner anchor a strong line up.
5. Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy – Nathan Tomasello and Jeff Hojnacki will anchor a squad with a strong sophomore and freshmen group.
6. Clyde – Chris Moore and Brad Smith will help keep the Fliers on the big board.
7. Eaton – Michael May, Payton Ott and Benjamin Schram all return with plenty of experience at state.
8. Mentor Lake Catholic – Anthony Tutolo and Jimmy Szep give MLC a good one-two punch.
9. Akron St. Vincent St. Mary – Not as strong as last year, but Mike Rix and Ryan Skonieczny will make them formidable.
10. Toledo Central Catholic – Nate Hagan and Alex Mossing return with valuable state experience.