Key Returners, News of Note, Schedule Thoughts, Coaches Quotes and more…
2012 JJHuddle HS Football Previews
Tri-Valley (11-2, Region 7 finalist)
High School Name: Tri-Valley
High School City: Dresden
Coach’s Name: Justin Buttermore
Years at School (Career record): 8 (63-27
Last Season’s Record (Conference/Finish): 11-2 (8-0/1st)
Last Winning Season (If not last season): 2011
Division/Region (I-VI, 1-24): II-7
* Austin Jones, SR, RB/LB, 5’9 195, 1900 yards rushing as a junior, 1100 yards rushing as a sophomore. Also our best defensive player. All-Ohio 2011
* Nathan Strock, SR, QB/FS, 6’4 195 2,600 yards passing and 900 rushing as a junior. Kent State commit. All-Ohio 2011
* Daniel Sensabaugh, SR OL/DL 6’0 240 1st team all league player.
* Tyler Edwards-Frick, SR OL/DL 6’4 260 All league
* Logan Wisecarver, SR WR/OLB 6’1 200 Leading WR in 2011. All league
* Devin Moran, SR, WR/DB/Punt Returner 5’7 150 All league.
Potential college prospects? Nathan Strock (Kent State commit)
Schedule: Within the league, Tri-Valley will again compete with Sheridan for the title. New Lexington and Philo should also be near the top. The non-league slate includes challenges in Licking Valley (Week 1) and Dover (Week 4).
Coaches Quote: “We return a good portion of our skilled players from 2011 but we must fill the void of losing three lineman on both sides of the ball. Our goals are to contend for league title and the playoffs once again this year. We have the potential to have a great season in 2012, but we must develop our lines on both sides of the ball and develop team chemistry.”