Not much has changed in the polls since the preseason. With some teams in action, and some with their first taste of
competition coming this week, the waters were fairly tranquil. Things could really shake up this weekend after the Ironman tournament
concludes with many of the top teams in the state competing.
Not much has changed in the polls since the preseason.
With some teams in action, and some with their first taste of competition coming this week, the waters were fairly tranquil.
The lone change in the poll is Beavercreek moves from number 9 to number 8 after going 4-1 at the Elder Duals. The Beavers dropped a hard fought decision to the host without returning state placer Tommy Willis in the line up.
Things could really shake up this weekend after the Ironman tournament concludes with many of the top teams in the state competing.
1. Wadsworth – Will get a good test at Ironman this weekend.
2. Lakewood St. Edward – Will get a chance to see how they stack up this weekend with Wadsworth at the Ironman.
3. Massillon Perry – Will see where they fall after the Ironman.
4. Moeller – Ditto.
5. Brecksville Broad Heights – Ditto.
6. Hilliard Davidson – With all their football players back, time to get them mat ready.
7. Cincinnati Elder – Impressive in winning their dual tournament.
8. Beavercreek – A little short handed in their dual with Elder, still took the match down to the wire.
9. Marysville – Has two returning state placers and 10 others with district experience they built on in the offseason.
10. Mayfield Village Mayfield – Returns two state qualifiers.
1. Graham – Lost 1 match in opener. Eyes showdown with Blair at Ironman.
2. Oak Harbor – Had a good start at their tourney. Next up Ironman.
3. Lexington – Returns just three state qualifiers, but all of them placed.
4. Wapakoneta – Defending champ Logan Erb is one of two returning state placers among their three qualifiers.
5. Parma Padua Franciscan – Will get a good test at Ironman this weekend.
6. Lewis Center Olentangy – Returns five state qualifiers, two of whom reached the podium.
7. Washington Court House Miami Trace – In the same district as Graham cutting down on qualifiers, but returns two state placers.
8. Cuyahoga Falls Walsh Jesuit – Hosts Ironman this weekend.
9. Aurora – Returns a trio of qualifiers including one who reached the podium.
10. Urichsville Claymont – Opened the season with a 52-13 win over West Virginia power Oak Glen.
1. Bedford St. Peter Chanel – Cruised to Solon title.
2. Monroeville – Has big points coming back, but found out need more points in fourth place finish at Edison. At Ironman this weekend.
3. Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy – At Ironman this weekend.
4. Dixie – Returns two placers among their three qualifiers, including champ Ethan Hayes.
5. North Jackson Jackson-Milton – Finished fifth at Solon.
6. West Jefferson – Returns a quartet of qualifiers, half of whom placed.
7. LaGrange Keystone – Returns one placer among three qualifiers.
8. Beachwood – Half of their two qualifiers found the podium last year.
9. Clinton-Massie – Returns two qualifiers, one of whom placed.
10. Nelsonville-York – Returns three qualifiers.