We wrap up our look at the top 2010 prospects in Ohio with this glance
at the state’s top five players. The list is topped by West Chester
Lakota West linebacker Jordan Hicks.
On Friday, we revealed 2010 high school football prospects ranked from Nos. 6-10 in Ohio.
we are back to count down the prospects ranked from sixth to 10th. Mark
Porter of ScoutingOhio.com and Recruiting Analyst Bill Kurelic have
collaborated on this list.
* 1. Jordan Hicks, linebacker, West Chester Lakota West — Hicks (6-2, 210) recorded 70 tackles, four sacks and two interceptions for the 6-4 Firebirds.
has offers from a host of schools from across the country. He lists
Texas as an early favorite. However, he did attend several Ohio State
games this past year. Those two have offered as have Kentucky, Notre
Dame, Alabama, Stanford, Illinois, Florida, West Virginia, Michigan
State and Cincinnati.
* 2. Matt James, offensive lineman, Cincinnati St. Xavier – James
(6-8, 280) is a tremendous tackle prospect. He had early offers from
Ohio State, Tennessee, Michigan, Cincinnati and others.
* 3. Andrew Norwell, offensive lineman, Cincinnati Anderson – Norwell
(6-6, 270) helped Anderson post a 12-3 record and reach the Division II
state championship game for the second year in a row. He had a number
of early offers – including Cincinnati, Indiana and Duke – before
verbaling to Ohio State on Feb. 4.
* 4. Jamel Turner, defensive end, Youngstown Ursuline – Turner
(6-3, 220, 4.6) selected Ohio State in mid-December over scholarship
offers from LSU, Michigan, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Illinois, West
Virginia and others. Turner registered over 40 sacks
during his sophomore and junior seasons, helping Ursuline claim the
Division V state title this past fall.
* 5. Darryl Baldwin, defensive end, Solon – Baldwin (6-6, 240) is an outstanding talent who has the potential to develop into an impact defender at the next level. His scholarship offer list includes West Virginia, Michigan, Michigan State, Illinois and Stanford.