Ohio high school football season. A complete list of televised games
and webcasts (via Press Box Productions) is included. Also, look for
game stories on JJHuddle.com this weekend from St. Xavier at St. Ignatius, Columbus DeSales at Cin. LaSalle, Anna at Marion Local and more…
We look ahead to the ninth weekend of Ohio high school football action.
The ONN/Ohio High Power Poll was updated on Monday. Here is a look at some of the top teams in each division, listed in order:
* Division I – Cincinnati St. Xavier (8-0), Cincinnati Colerain (8-0), Hilliard Darby (8-0), Dublin Coffman (8-0), Brunswick (8-0), Pickerington Central (8-0), Euclid (7-1), Cleveland St. Ignatius (7-1), Mentor (6-2), Cincinnati Princeton (7-1).
* Division II – Columbus DeSales (8-0), Tallmadge (8-0), Cincinnati Turpin (8-0), Avon Lake (8-0).
* Division III – Sunbury Big Walnut (8-0), Canal Fulton Northwest (8-0), Newark Licking Valley (7-1), Rocky River (8-0).
* Division IV – Youngstown Mooney (8-0), Kettering Alter (8-0), Steubenville (8-0), Williamsport Westfall (8-0).
* Division V – Maria Stein Marion Local (8-0), Sherwood Fairview (8-0), North Lima South Range (8-0), Findlay Liberty-Benton (8-0).
* Division VI – Springfield Catholic Central (8-0), Hopewell-Loudon (8-0), Mogadore (7-1), Newark Catholic (7-1).
No fewer than 43 Ohio teams remain unbeaten heading into Week 9. Here is a rundown by division (all teams 8-0; regions in parentheses):
* Division I (7 teams) – North Royalton (1), Brunswick (2), Hilliard Darby (3), Dublin Coffman (3), Pickerington Central (3), Cincinnati St. Xavier (4), Cincinnati Colerain (4).
* Division II (7 teams) – Tallmadge (5), Warren Howland (5), Avon Lake (6), Sylvania Southview (6), Columbus DeSales (7), Dresden Tri-Valley (7), Cincinnati Turpin (8).
* Division III (5 teams) – Rocky River (9), Mogadore Field (9), Sunbury Big Walnut (10), Tipp City Tippecanoe (10), Canal Fulton Northwest (11).
* Division IV (9 teams) – Youngstown Mooney (13), Steubenville (13), Canton Central Catholic (13), Perry (13), Williamsport Westfall (15), Pataskala Licking Heights (15), Waverly (15), St. Clairsville (15), Kettering Alter (16).
* Division V (9 teams) – North Lima South Range (17), Vienna Mathews (17), Sherwood Fairview (18), Findlay Liberty-Benton (18), Hamler Patrick Henry (18), Wynford (18), Lore City Buckeye Trail (19), Maria Stein Marion Local (20), West Jefferson (20).
* Division VI (6 teams) – Bascom Hopewell-Loudon (21), Hannibal River (23), Beallsville (23), Springfield Catholic Central (24), Portsmouth Sciotoville (24), Covington (24).
Key Games This Weekend
Here is a look at key games for the ninth weekend in Ohio:
Key games Friday: Columbus DeSales at Cincinnati LaSalle (with OSU verbal WR DeVier Posey), Youngstown Ursuline at Youngstown Mooney, Newark Catholic at Newark Licking Valley, Pickerington Central at Westerville South, Toledo Central Catholic at Toledo Whitmer, Eastlake North at Madison (with OSU verbal TE Nic DiLillo), Hillsboro at Washington C.H. Miami Trace (with OSU verbal LB Nathan Williams) and Thomas Worthington at Westerville Central (with OSU verbal K Ben Buchanan).
Also Friday: Hamilton at Cincinnati Colerain, Galloway Westland at Hilliard Darby, Dublin Coffman (with OSU verbals OL Mike Adams and WR Jake Stoneburner) at Reynoldsburg, Brunswick at Lakewood, Euclid at Maple Heights, Barberton at Tallmadge, Amelia at Cincinnati Turpin, Avon Lake at Westlake, Macedonia Nordonia at Mayfield, Perrysburg at Sylvania Southview, Dresden Tri-Valley at New Lexington, Sunbury Big Walnut at Columbus Franklin Heights, Canal Fulton Northwest at Marlington, Piketon at Williamsport Westfall, Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary at Hunting Valley University School, Millersport at Pataskala Licking Heights, Anna at Maria Stein Marion Local, Sherwood Fairview at Defiance Ayersville, North Lima South Range at Mineral Ridge, Dola Hardin Northern at Findlay Liberty-Benton, Springfield Northeastern at Springfield Catholic Central and Hannibal River at Lore City Buckeye Trail (battle of 8-0 teams).
Also Friday: Troy hosts Piqua. Last year, Piqua took a 42-7 win to move ahead 59-57-6 in one of Ohio’s longest running series.
Ohio News Network will have a tape delay broadcast of Friday’s game between Trotwood-Madison and Clayton Northmont. That game, set at Northmont, will air at 9:30 p.m. Friday.
Pressboxproductions.net will have live audio webcasts of two games Friday night. They are Steubenville-Canton Central Catholic and Olentangy Liberty-Dublin Scioto, both at 7:30 p.m. Just click on that site at that time for all the action. The Steubenville-CCC game is a match-up of 8-0 teams. Steubenville won 33-0 over CCC last year.
On Saturday: Cleveland Benedictine at Cincinnati Elder, Cincinnati Western Hills at Massillon Washington (with OSU verbal RB DeVoe Torrence; 2:30 p.m. start) and Lakewood St. Edward at Cincinnati St. Xavier (at UC’s Nippert Stadium).
Pressboxproductions.net will have a live audio webcast of Cincinnati St. Xavier at Cleveland St. Ignatius at 1:30 p.m. at Parma’s Byers Field.