Ohio high school football season. A complete list of televised games
and webcasts (via Press Box Productions) is included. Also, look for
game stories on JJHuddle.com this weekend from Centerville at Wayne, St. Ignatius at LaSalle, Coffman at Davidson, St. Xavier vs St. Edwards and more…
We look ahead to the eighth weekend of Ohio high school football action.
The ONN/Ohio High Power Poll was updated on Monday. Here is a look at some of the top teams in each division, listed in order:
* Division I – Cincinnati St. Xavier (7-0), Cincinnati Colerain (7-0), Hilliard Darby (7-0), Dublin Coffman (7-0), Brunswick (7-0), Pickerington Central (7-0), Huber Heights Wayne (6-1), Euclid (6-1), Cleveland St. Ignatius (6-1), Mentor (5-2).
* Division II – Columbus DeSales (7-0), Tallmadge (7-0), Cincinnati Turpin (7-0), Avon Lake (7-0).
* Division III – Sunbury Big Walnut (7-0), Canal Fulton Northwest (7-0), Newark Licking Valley (6-1), Rocky River (7-0).
* Division IV – Youngstown Mooney (7-0), Kettering Alter (7-0), Steubenville (7-0), Williamsport Westfall (7-0).
* Division V – Maria Stein Marion Local (7-0), Sherwood Fairview (7-0), North Lima South Range (7-0), Findlay Liberty-Benton (7-0).
* Division VI – Springfield Catholic Central (7-0), Hopewell-Loudon (7-0), Mogadore (6-1), Newark Catholic (6-1).
No fewer than 47 Ohio teams remain unbeaten heading into Week 8. Here is a rundown by division (all teams 7-0; regions in parentheses):
* Division I (7 teams) – North Royalton (1), Brunswick (2), Hilliard Darby (3), Dublin Coffman (3), Pickerington Central (3), Cincinnati St. Xavier (4), Cincinnati Colerain (4).
* Division II (7 teams) – Tallmadge (5), Warren Howland (5), Avon Lake (6), Sylvania Southview (6), Columbus DeSales (7), Dresden Tri-Valley (7), Cincinnati Turpin (8).
* Division III (5 teams) – Rocky River (9), Mogadore Field (9), Sunbury Big Walnut (10), Tipp City Tippecanoe (10), Canal Fulton Northwest (11).
* Division IV (13 teams) – Youngstown Mooney (13), Steubenville (13), Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary (13), Canton Central Catholic (13), Perry (13), Elyria Catholic (14), Williamsport Westfall (15), Pataskala Licking Heights (15), Waverly (15), St. Clairsville (15), New Lexington (15), Kettering Alter (16), Clarksville Clinton-Massie (16).
* Division V (9 teams) – North Lima South Range (17), Vienna Mathews (17), Sherwood Fairview (18), Findlay Liberty-Benton (18), Hamler Patrick Henry (18), Wynford (18), Lore City Buckeye Trail (19), Maria Stein Marion Local (20), West Jefferson (20).
* Division VI (6 teams) – Bascom Hopewell-Loudon (21), Hannibal River (23), Beallsville (23), Springfield Catholic Central (24), Portsmouth Sciotoville (24), Covington (24).
Key Games This Weekend
Here is a look at key games for the eighth weekend in Ohio:
Key games Friday: Covington (Ky.) Catholic at Cincinnati Elder, Warren Harding at Massillon Washington (Massillon features OSU verbal RB DeVoe Torrence; Harding won 21-16 last year), Cincinnati McNicholas at Kettering Alter, Cuyahoga Falls Walsh Jesuit at Cleveland Benedictine, Columbus Watterson at Indianpolis Roncalli, Youngstown Mooney at Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary (battle of unbeatens), Cincinnati Colerain at Liberty Twp. Lakota East, Dublin Coffman (with OSU verbals OL Mike Adams and WR Jake Stoneburner) at Hilliard Davidson (Davidson downed Coffman 13-7 in Week 8 last year and then won again 28-20 in the regional finals), Maple Heights at Mentor, Cincinnati Moeller at Indianapolis Cathedral, Steubenville at Wheeling Park, W.Va., Centerville at Huber Heights Wayne (Centerville won 20-13 last year), Pickerington Central at Lewis Center Olentangy and Toledo Whitmer at Toledo Rogers.
Also Friday: Strongsville at Brunswick, Medina Highland at Tallmadge, Poland Seminary at Warren Howland, Olentangy Liberty at Sunbury Big Walnut, Beloit West Branch at Canal Fulton Northwest, New Carlisle Tecumseh at Tipp City Tippecanoe, Canton Central Catholic at Youngstown East, Martins Ferry at St, Clairsville, Maria Stein Marion Local at Delphos St. John’s, Hebron Lakewood at Newark Licking Valley, Springfield Central Catholic at Clark Southeastern, Parma Heights Valley Forge at North Royalton, Westerville Central (with OSU verbal K Ben Buchanan) visits Grove City Central Crossing, Cleveland Glenville (with WR Cordale Scott) tackles Cleveland East Tech and Greenfield McClain at Washington C.H. Miami Trace (with OSU verbal LB Nathan Williams).
Ohio News Network will have a tape delay broadcast of Friday’s game between Cleveland St. Ignatius and Cincinnati LaSalle (with OSU verbal WR DeVier Posey). That game, set at LaSalle, will air at 9:30 p.m. Friday.
Pressboxproductions.net will have live audio webcasts of two games Friday night. They are Hilliard Darby-Gahanna Lincoln and Columbiana-North Lima South Range, both at 7:30 p.m. Just click on that site at that time for all the action.
On Saturday: Lakewood St. Edward tackles Cincinnati St. Xavier at 2 p.m. at Columbus DeSales.
Pressboxproductions.net will have a live audio webcast of Youngstown Boardman at Canton McKinley at 7:30 p.m. Saturday.
On Thursday night, Madison (with OSU verbal TE Nic DiLillo) defeated Ashtabula Lakeside 35-14. Also, Youngstown Ursuline blanked Lisbon Beaver 28-0.