Ohio high school football season. A complete list of televised games
and webcasts (via Press Box Productions) is included. Also, look for
game stories on JJHuddle.com this weekend from Cardinal Mooney at Benedictine, Cincinnati Turpin at Kings Mills Kings, Fort Recovery at Maria Stein Marion Local and
The ONN/Ohio High Power Poll was updated on Monday. Here is a look at some of the top teams in each division, listed in order:
* Division I – Cincinnati St. Xavier (6-0), Dublin Coffman (6-0), Cincinnati Colerain (6-0), Hilliard Darby (6-0), Brunswick (6-0), Pickerington Central (6-0), Cincinnati Moeller (4-1), Huber Heights Wayne (5-1), Euclid (5-1), North Canton Hoover (5-1).
* Division II – Tallmadge (6-0), Columbus DeSales (6-0), Cincinnati Turpin (6-0), Avon Lake (6-0).
* Division III – Sunbury Big Walnut (6-0), Cuyahoga Falls Walsh Jesuit (6-0), Canal Fulton Northwest (6-0), Thornville Sheridan (6-0).
* Division IV – Youngstown Mooney (6-0), Kettering Alter (6-0), Steubenville (6-0), Williamsport Westfall (6-0).
* Division V – Maria Stein Marion Local (6-0), Lima Central Catholic (6-0), Sherwood Fairview (6-0), North Lima South Range (6-0).
* Division VI – Springfield Central Catholic (6-0), Hopewell-Loudon (6-0), Mogadore (5-1), Newark Catholic (5-1).
Here is a look at key games for the seventh weekend in Ohio:
Fox Sports Net Ohio continues its Thursday night high school football series with coverage in southwest Ohio of Cincinnati Turpin at Kings Mills Kings and in northeast Ohio of Canton McKinley at Massillon Perry. Both games begin at 7 p.m.
Key games Friday include: Cincinnati LaSalle (with OSU verbal WR DeVier Posey) at Cincinnati St. Xavier (St. X won 14-7 last year), Cincinnati Moeller at Cincinnati Elder, Akron Buchtel at Massillon Washington (with OSU verbal RB DeVoe Torrence), West Chester Lakota West at Cincinnati Colerain, Newark Licking Valley at Granville, Baltimore (Md.) Mount St. Joseph’s at Steubenville, Pickerington North at Westerville Central (with OSU verbal K Ben Buchanan) and Toledo Whitmer at Toledo St. John’s.
Also on Friday: Lancaster at Hilliard Darby, Brunswick at Solon, Dublin Jerome at Pickerington Central, Canton GlenOak at North Canton Hoover, Tallmadge at Copley, Stow-Munroe Falls at Mayfield, Dublin Scioto at Sunbury Big Walnut, Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary at Cuyahoga Falls Walsh Jesuit (battle of 6-0 teams), Dresden Tri-Valley at Thornville Sheridan (battle of 6-0 teams), Cincinnati Purcell Marian at Kettering Alter, St. Clairsville at Steubenville Catholic Central, Fort Recovery at Maria Stein Marion Local, Chardon at Madison (with OSU verbal TE Nic DiLillo), London at Washington C.H. Miami Trace (with OSU verbal LB Nathan Williams) and Cleveland Glenville (with WR Cordale Scott) at Cleveland Collinwood.
Ohio News Network will have a tape delay broadcast of Friday’s game between Dublin Coffman (with OSU verbals WR Jake Stoneburner and OL Mike Adams) and Upper Arlington at Coffman. UA downed Coffman 24-14. That game will air at 9:30 p.m. Friday.
Pressboxproductions.net will have live audio webcasts of two games Friday night. They are Columbus Watterson-Columbus DeSales and Youngstown Ursuline-Columbus St. Charles, both at 7:30 p.m. Watterson extended its win streak over rival DeSales to nine straight with a 40-34 win last year. Just click on that site at that time for all the action.
Key games on Saturday include: Cleveland St. Ignatius at Warren Harding (Harding won 17-7 last year) and Mentor at Shaker Heights.
Pressboxproductions.net will have a live audio webcast of Youngstown Mooney at Cleveland Benedictine at 2 p.m. Saturday.