Ohio high school football season. A complete list of televised games
and webcasts (via Press Box Productions) is included. Also, look for
game stories on JJHuddle.com this weekend on Watterson at Steubenville, Alter at Carroll, Massillon Washington at Cleveland St. Ignatius and more…
The ONN/Ohio High Power Poll was updated on Monday. Here is a look at some of the top teams in each division, listed in order:
* Division I – Cincinnati St. Xavier (5-0), Dublin Coffman (5-0), Cincinnati Colerain (5-0), Mentor (4-1), Hilliard Darby (5-0), Brunswick (5-0), Pickerington Central (5-0), Cincinnati LaSalle (4-1), Huber Heights Wayne (4-1), Cincinnati Sycamore (5-0).
* Division II – Columbus Watterson (5-0), Tallmadge (5-0), Columbus DeSales (5-0), Cincinnati Turpin (5-0).
* Division III – Sunbury Big Walnut (5-0), Cuyahoga Falls Walsh Jesuit (5-0), Canal Fulton Northwest (5-0), Bellefontaine (5-0).
* Division IV – Youngstown Mooney (5-0), Kettering Alter (5-0), Steubenville (5-0), Williamsport Westfall (5-0).
* Division V – Maria Stein Marion Local (5-0), Lima Central Catholic (5-0), Sherwood Fairview (5-0), North Lima South Range (5-0).
* Division VI – Springfield Central Catholic (5-0), Hopewell-Loudon (5-0), Mogadore (4-1), Lancaster Fisher Catholic (4-1).
Here is a look at key games for the sixth weekend in Ohio:
Tonight, Fox Sports Net Ohio continues its Thursday night high school football series with coverage in northeast Ohio as Elyria hosts Brunswick at 7 p.m. (There is no southwest Ohio game this week due to Cincinnati Reds coverage on FSN Ohio.)
Key games Friday include: Cincinnati Moeller vs. Cincinnati LaSalle, Canton McKinley at Youngstown Austintown-Fitch, Dublin Coffman at Grove City, Mentor at Euclid, Piqua at Trotwood-Madison, Cincinnati Princeton at Cincinnati Sycamore, Pickerington Central at Worthington Kilbourne, Hilliard Darby at Newark, Willoughy South at Madison, Westerville Central at Delaware Hayes and London Madison Plains at Washington C.H. Miami Trace.
Also Friday: North Lewisburg Triad at Springfield Central Catholic, Maria Stein Marion Local at Versailles, Dayton Carroll at Kettering Alter (Centerville High School Stadium), Minford at Waverly, Brookville at Dayton Oakwood, Tipp City Tippecanoe at Bellefontaine, Thornville Sheridan at New Concord John Glenn, Rocky River at Grafton Midview, Hunting Valley University School at Cuyahoga Falls Walsh Jesuit, Sunbury Big Walnut at Pataskala Watkins Memorial and Columbus DeSales at Columbus St. Charles.
Ohio News Network will have a tape delay broadcast of Friday’s game between Cincinnati Elder and Cincinnati St. Xavier at St. X. St. X won 30-15 at ‘The Pit’ last year. That game will air at 9:30 p.m. Friday.
Pressboxproductions.net will have live audio webcasts of two games Friday night. They are Columbus Watterson-Steubenville and Hilliard Davidson-Upper Arlington, both at 7:30 p.m. Just click on that site at that time for all the action. The Watterson-Steubenville match-up pits the No. 1 team in Division II (Watterson) against Division IV No. 3 and defending state champion Steubenville. Steubenville’s 34-game winning streak will be on the line.
Key games on Saturday include: Lakewood St. Edward at Cleveland Benedictine (at Bedford), Massillon Washington at Cleveland St. Ignatius (at Parma’s Byers Field; St. Ignatius won 30-16 last year and has won nine of the last 10 meetings) and Youngstown Mooney at Athol Springs (N.Y.) St. Francis.