Steve Helwagen checks in with a look ahead to the fifth weekend of the
Ohio high school football season. A complete list of televised games
and webcasts (via Press Box Productions) is included. Also, look for game stories on JJHuddle.com this weekend on Anderson-LaSalle, St. Henry-Coldwater, Valley View-West Milton Milton-Union, Watterson-Benedictine and more…
The ONN/Ohio High Power Poll was updated on Monday. Here is a look at some of the top teams in each division, listed in order:
* Division I – Cincinnati St. Xavier (4-0), Dublin Coffman (4-0), Cincinnati Colerain (4-0), Mentor (3-1), Hilliard Darby (4-0), Brunswick (4-0), Pickerington Central (4-0), Cincinnati LaSalle (3-1), Cincinnati Elder (3-1), Huber Heights Wayne (3-1).
* Division II – Tallmadge (4-0), Columbus Watterson (4-0), Columbus DeSales (4-0), Cincinnati Turpin (4-0).
* Division III – Sunbury Big Walnut (4-0), Cuyahoga Falls Walsh Jesuit (4-0), Cleveland Benedictine (4-0), Canal Fulton Northwest (4-0).
* Division IV – Youngstown Mooney (4-0), Kettering Alter (4-0), Steubenville (4-0), Williamsport Westfall (4-0).
* Division V – Maria Stein Marion Local (4-0), Lima Central Catholic (4-0), Sherwood Fairview (4-0), North Lima South Range (4-0).
* Division VI – Steubenville Central Catholic (4-0), McComb (4-0), Hopewell-Loudon (4-0), Lancaster Fisher Catholic (4-0).
Here is a look at key games for the fifth weekend in Ohio:
Fox Sports Net Ohio will air a pair of games regionally on Thursday night. Thye are: Sycamore at Liberty Twp. Lakota East, 6:30 p.m. (Southwest Ohio package); Lyndhurst Brush at Mayfield, 7 p.m. (Northeast Ohio package).
Key games on Friday: Cincinnati Anderson at Cincinnati LaSalle (with OSU verbal WR DeVier Posey), Mentor at Massillon Washington (with OSU verbal RB DeVoe Torrence), Canton GlenOak at Canton McKinley, Mentor Lake Catholic at Youngstown Mooney (MLC gave Mooney its toughest game, a 21-16 decision, in Mooney’s 14-0 season last year), St. Henry at Coldwater (Coldwater dealt St. Henry its only loss, 14-7, last year), Dublin Scioto at Dublin Coffman (with OSU verbals OL Mike Adams and WR Jake Stoneburner), Lima Senior at Warren Harding, Huber Heights Wayne at Clayton Northmont (Wayne won 24-0 last year) and Lancaster at Pickerington Central.
Also Friday: Cedarville at Springfield Catholic Central, Upper Arlington at Hilliard Darby, Columbus DeSales at Grove City, Indianapolis Bishop Chatard at Cincinnati St. Xavier, Sunbury Big Walnut at Westerville Central (with OSU verbal K Ben Buchanan), Minster at Maria Stein Marion Local, Lodi Cloverleaf at Tallmadge, Madison (with OSU verbal TE Nic DiLillo) at Ashtabula Edgewood, Washington C.H. Miami Trace (with OSU verbal DE-LB Nate Williams) at Clarksville Clinton-Massie and Toledo St. Francis at Toledo Whitmer.
Ohio News Network will have a tape delay broadcast of Friday’s game between Brunswick and Parma Normandy, a match-up of 4-0 teams. That game will air at 9:30 p.m. Friday.
Pressboxproductions.net will have a live audio webcast of the Middletown-Cincinnati Colerain game at 7:30 p.m. Friday. Just click on that site at that time.
Key games on Saturday: Cincinnati Elder at Lakewood St. Edward (7 p.m., at Lakewood Stadium), Cleveland St. Ignatius at Buffalo (N.Y.) St. Francis and Columbus Watterson at Cleveland Benedictine.
Pressboxproductions.net will have a live audio webcast of the Parma Padua Franciscan-Cuyahoga Falls Walsh Jesuit game at 7:30 p.m. Saturday. Just click on that site at that time.